Thursday, March 11, 2010

Week 3

This is Devin's company, Alfa 183!


Photos Courtesy of www.uscgbootcamp.com.

Well, as of today Devin's over 30% done with boot camp. That is great! 5 weeks from tomorrow, he graduates. One week from tomorrow, an he will be HALFWAY! Everyone told me these weeks would fly, and I'm thankful for that.
Today, I received a second letter from Devin. I was really excited because it was two whole pages. He sound so much more encouraged than last week. He said it's getting easier this week. He said he has barely any time to write because all his free time is spent ironing his uniforms or shining his boots. I've decided to include an excerpt in his own words of something I found quite funny:
"I can't wait for you to hear the stories I have. There's so many! Like, two days ago we were headed to chow (meal time), and when we stopped this big ol' southern boy raised his hand and BM1 Kruger was like 'What Owens?' and so Owens says, 'I'm supposed to inform you that I like to watch the birds fly by. Bravo's CC told me to tell you that.' So we were just laughing and now every time there's birds, BMC Hampton (our lead CC) says, 'Look Owens! Your friends!' It seriously is so hard not to laugh. The CCs are the funniest people alive."
Devin told me the only part that completely sucks at this point is missing people at home, which is to be expected.
I'm really excited because Dillon (Devin's brother) is going to go with me to graduation and surprise Devin (so don't spill the beans in your letters!). He's really excited to fly on a plane and see the ocean. I didn't know he had been saving up, and then he told me and he's already saved over half of the amount needed to go (all expenses included). This will be such a great surprise for Devin because he thinks I'm the only one coming.
Today is a beautiful day. I feel encouraged.
Thank you for everyone who has mailed a kind letter to Devin and for all of you lifting him up in prayer.
Love,
Chianne

No comments: