Thursday, March 4, 2010

week 2

Devin has been gone for ten days now. The days seem endless but I'm glad it's already March. Devin graduates 6 weeks from tomorrow. :D
On Tuesday, I received a package. It included a letter from the commanding officer at Cape May and a book called "Sea Legs: A Coast Guard Spouse Survival Guide". The book is interesting and is teaching me how moving, pay, benefits, and everything works.
Today, I received my first real letter from Devin. I was really encouraged because I was told Devin wouldn't get time to write the first weekend and not to expect a letter till the third week. It was a very pleasant surprise!
Devin said he hates it and is homesick. I guess this is typical for most of the recruits the first couple weeks. They say once they complete the second week, the pressure is eased off of them a little bit, and they don't feel so stressed. Devin said they got assigned the toughest Company Commander (CC) that works there, but that deep down he's really cool. He begged for LOTS of letters, so I've been a little write-aholic.
I actually purchased some adorable personalized stationary from Sweet Life Paper. I was really impressed with how quickly I received it - especially with it being personalized. So I've been using that to write Devin.
I'll keep you posted on Devin's progress. :) Thank you for your prayers.
Love,
Chianne

No comments: