Monday, February 22, 2010

the final countdown

I'm at a coffee shop in Salt Lake...just waiting for 8 am to come so I can go watch Devin swear into Active Duty. It's finally here, and he flies out to New Jersey tomorrow morning. I'm overwhelmed by the amount of support and love we've been receiving...even my mom and brother drove out to see Devin one last time before training. This meant so so so much to him! We've had dinner somewhere almost every night and a sweet family from church even gave us a night up at the Homestead Resort about an hour from our home. It has been so great. I couldn't be prouder of the man Devin's becoming. The challenges he's come out of are more than most people endure in a lifetime, but he's so encouraged to make a better life for himself and me and to press on. Thank you to everyone who has more than blessed us with your prayers, kind words, and support.
Love,
Chianne

No comments: