Thursday, January 28, 2010

Happy 21st Birthday to Devin!

I would like to say Happy Birthday to my wonderful hubby, Devin! I am so glad you were born, and I love you very much!

So we are only 25 DAYS AWAY from Devin leaving for boot camp!! We actually made a paper chain to help the days pass. (I'm a visual person, so to have something visually symbolic of the days helps me not to feel like it'll never be the day. There is just something satisfying about ripping a loop off every day). I know we are like little kids with our paper chain, but that's okay. :) I will make another one to count down Devin's time spent in boot camp until the day he graduates.

So I was doing really well decluttering...we threw out so much and also donated so much to the D.I. I was feeling really accomplished until I was staring into our room and thinking, "Did we really get rid of anything??" I got overwhelmed in that moment of realization. We really should get rid of more and possibly hold a yard sale for our furniture. I'm starting to panic as once Devin leaves in 25 days, it will just be me tackling my biggest enemy - my own disorganization. (dun dun DUH!!) Really, this is quite terrifying to me.
My question for you: What is the best method you've found for simplifying the clutter? Do you have any self-made rules you follow? (for example: "If I haven't used it in six months-it's gone." or "If I wore it when I was still in high school-it's gone.") I honestly want to know your methods. I am not good at organizing and busting the clutter AT ALL, and I NEED HELP!

Love,
Chianne

1 comment:

Rhapsody In Red said...

If it doesn't fit, you plan on fixing it but you never really will, or if you will only wear it on halloween, throw it out.