Friday, January 1, 2010

So this is the new year...

It is amazing what a difference a day makes.
Yesterday, saying Devin was going to boot camp next year or in a couple months still made it feel like forever. Now today, it is seeming ever so close because he is going this year. To make it feel even brighter on the horizon is to say he is going NEXT MONTH! That is crazy and exciting. We are constantly praying for a sooner date. Knowing my personality, I would handle better if he suddenly had to leave within a day or two (or even a week) and not had to dwell on him leaving as it built up weeks before. That's how I like to do things [aka flying by the seat of my pants]. It reminds me of when I first moved to Utah. I only decided to move about a month before I actually moved. This enabled me to get my crap together and go. If I had sat and thought about it for months, I would have never actually done it, and I would have missed out on a lot of things God had in store for me here.
On another note, Devin heard from a recent graduate of boot camp and was able to find out more regarding church at Cape May. He discovered there is a church choir he can join to sing in the services on Sundays. Though he was told it is not the "typical" choir but more just group of recruits praising the Lord whether they can sing well or not (Though I'm sure it is a joyful noise!). This is making Devin really excited and is stoked to know he'll have more ways to break of the constant physical and emotional stress by going to choir practice, praising the Lord with other recruits, and then singing in the chapel on Sundays. He was even informed there are instruments available to play with the choir, and guitars were listed. ;)
We are still super excited to get this chapter of our lives started!
Happy New Year! (Geeze, I remember when the year 2000 happened..how quickly a decade passes!)
Love,
Chianne

No comments: